This page shows changes to the BaddersWeb badminton website software over time. As per the Features page, our aim is to develop as comprehensive a product as possible.
When new associations come on board and request improvements or new features, these are added to the BaddersWeb content management system for all to use.
Any enhancements added for new associations are made available for all to use.
Ongoing updates for Lancashire County Badminton Association:
- New Feature - County level association facility to run an Inter-League with teams put together to represent Affiliated Leagues. Can be run instead of or alongside a traditional League where the existing Teams of any affiliated Clubs from within the county can play against each other.
Ongoing updates for Lancashire County Badminton Association:
- New Feature - New Coaches listing facility on the Coaching page to list badminton coaches in the local area.
- New Feature - Qualifications page added to the Coaching section for links to available courses for coaches, along with any required additional information.
- New Feature - Funding page added to the Coaching section to provide information on funding available for coaches to gain qualifications, including an optional pre-built front-end enquiry form for applicants to complete.
- New Feature - New Volunteering section added, allowing free format text and including an optional pre-built front-end enquiry form for potential volunteers to get in touch.
- New Feature - Development page added, allowing free format text and including an optional pre-built front-end application form for development funding.
- Enhancement - User Level of "Coaching Rep" added with appropriate system access.
Updates underway for Lancashire County Badminton Association as they become the second county to sign up to BaddersWeb:
- New Feature - New Junior Clubs facility to publish names and contact details of affiliated and non-affiliated junior clubs in the area.
- Enhancement - Addition of settings pages to allow features such as tournaments and history to be turned on and off, the colour scheme of the website to be altered and the addition of social media links.
- Announcement - Significant work planned to improve the system's provision for county association requirements, including: inter-league leagues, membership management and promoting development funding, junior facilities, coaching and voluteering opportunities within the county.
Minor enhancement for Northamptonshire Badminton League.
- Enhancement - Historic divisions hidden for the latest season on the league results pages of the front-end.
Requested enhancements for Lancaster, Morecambe & District Badminton League:
- New Feature - New Juniors page linked to from the main menu. Offers free format text entry and automatic listing and linking to Clubs page(s) that have Junior Facilities info.
- New Feature - User Level of "Juniors Rep" added with appropriate system access.
- New Feature - Concept of Loan Player added to the system, allowing a player to be selected for any fixture for any club team, including their own. A useful method of ensuring fixtures go ahead, it is intended for use with players who are nominated to a team, but are happy to be loaned out to other teams within other clubs at the same level or above.
- Enhancement - Change to Coaching page to automatically list and link to Clubs page(s) that have provided Coaching information.
Ongoing COVID-19 price reductions:
- Announcement - After a free year for the 2020/21 season, annual fees halved amidst ongoing COVID-19 uncertainty and advertising fees dropped for a second year.
Preparations for a potential return to the courts post lockdown:
- Bug Fix - Fixed issue preventing uploads of Documents and Downloads caused by upgrades to the Admin area.
Further lockdown enhancements added:
- New Feature - SSL certificates available to purchase for front-end websites. See Pricing page for details.
- Enhancement - Addition of SSL certificate (HTTPS / browser padlock) added to login screens and the wider Admin area.
- Enhancement - Changes to the generic Privacy Notice to clarify a specific Data Protection Officer might not be required for smaller leagues.
- Bug Fix - Minor improvements to security of the Admin area, including preventing user access to disabled features.
COVID-19 allows for the completion of major enhancements to the system:
- Enhancement - Fresh, new, mobile-friendly look and feel to the BaddersWeb front-end, with lots of options planned for personalisation.
Correction in league table sorting:
- Bug Fix - Fixed issue with League Table Sort sort that ignored use of Against column when fixtures Played, Won, Games (For) and Points were all the same.
Minor enhancement for Southampton and District Badminton Association, plus bug fix:
- Enhancement - Removal of legacy non-sorting of historic divisions to ensure historic league tables display in the correct order.
- Bug Fix - Minor fix to Useful Links page, whereby the Miscellaneous category heading wasn't displaying.
Changes to enable Lancaster, Morecambe & District Badminton League to use the system:
- New Feature - Addition of "Pool Player" functionality to allow a registered player to be selected for any fixture for any club team, including their own. Used for players that are registered with a named club, but are not yet a strong enough player to gain a permanent team place.
- Enhancement - Improvement of recording and historic reporting on whether registered players were nominated when playing a fixture.
Minor enhancements for Northamptonshire Badminton League.
- Enhancement - New penalty of "Incomplete team(s)" added.
- Enhancement - Zero point penalty allowed to register a first offence, where points are only deducted on subsequent occasions
- Bug Fix - Error corrected whereby penalties were registering as a lost game in league tables for the league scoring setting of "Draw (Choose Winner)".
Enhancements for South Foreland Badminton Association and Northamptonshire Badminton League.
- New Feature - Creation of a "Draw (Choose Winner)" league scoring setting to allow for fixtures that end in a draw where the winner is decided based on rubbers, then rally points and then receives points accordingly. Simple solution employed to choose the winner to prevent the recording and display of all rubbers and rally points.
- Enhancement - Additional clarification on various help topics including "Rubbers" and club "Start Time".
Various improvements to Registered Player functionality.
- New Feature - Tool added to merge accidentally entered duplicate registered player records, including the clubs they're registered for, teams they're nominated for and all their historic appearances.
- Bug Fix - To prevent fraudulent use, when re-instating a non-current player, the Date From field for their Registered Club and any Nominated Team(s) will be reset for team captain and club / match secratary roles.
Updates to comply with the General Data Protection Regulation (EU Regulation 2016/679) (the GDPR):
- New Feature - Creation of a Privacy Notice in compliance with the GDPR.
- Enhancement - Updates to the Terms and Conditions accordingly.
Plans for upcoming 2018/19 season:
- Announcement - Numerous improvements planned for the 2018/19 season including an upgrade to make the front end mobile friendly, ability to upload photographs and possible new pricing structure options such as offering a share in advertising revenue.
- Bug Fix - Various security improvements to prevent users with insufficient permissions gaining access to features.
Minor enhancement for Southampton and District Badminton Association:
- Enhancement - Ability for the League Match Secretary and other appropriate admin to enter a "Walkover" result for a fixture, without needing to record any appearances - where the registered players setting is enabled.
Best laid plans:
- Enhancement - Live change log added to the back-end of BaddersWeb to make users aware of new features.
Fixture list enhancement for Portsmouth & Havant Badminton Association:
- Enhancement - Site-wide setting added that changes the venue for fixture lists to a direct link to the home club's page for a user to get details, rather than attempting to list the venue itself. Added as some clubs play different matches at different venues, depending on the day or team.
Document upload enhancements for Blackpool & District Badminton Association:
- Enhancement - Doubled the maximum allowed size for an upload from 5mb to 10mb.
- Enhancement - Changed upload facility to allow DOCX and XLSX files from MS Office 2007 onwards.
Further enhancements for Winchester & District Badminton Association:
- New Feature - Admin facility to report on and export registered player information, including name, club, badminton reg no, gender, registered date and nominated teams.
- Enhancement - Coaching page made optional on the main menu.
- Enhancement - New option to view, print and export information for "All Teams" within club fixtures, results and appearances pages on the website.
- Enhancement - Tightened the back-end login procedure to include a security question.
- Enhancement - Doubled the size of introductory text allowed for a page or section to accommodate approximately two sides of A4.
Enhancements for Winchester & District Badminton Association:
- New Feature - Option added to zero a team's league scores for a season and record why. Useful for folding and defaulting (dependent on association rules) teams.
- New Feature - There is now specific documentation about how to handle teams folding or defaulting during the season.
- New Feature - A useful links page has been added to the main menu if required. Note, it only displays if you add some in the back-end.
- New Feature - There is now the option to a add a "Games Against" column to your league tables.
- Enhancement - You can now record the sex of Registered Players for back-end admin use only. Useful for foreign students where the name doesn't give it away.
- Enhancement - There is now also an option to open Additional Menu Links in a new window if preferred.
- Enhancement - The link to Google Maps for venues now opens in a new window, leaving the association website still open.
- Enhancement - When in the clubs and league pages on the front-end, the team, division and seasons persist from one screen to another, rather than always defaulting to the first in the list.
- Enhancement - The appearances report in admin now highlights a player's nominated teams for the current season.
- Enhancement - Club team names can now be sorted on the front-end in a non-alphabetical fashion. For example, to allow sort of 1) Mixed 2) Mens 3) Ladies.
- Enhancement - League tables can now be sorted in two different ways, with the option of adding more in the future.
- Enhancement - League tables now display fully with zeros for all applicable teams after the first fixture of the season has been added, rather than requiring a fixture for each team to have been added.
Addition for Blackpool & District Badminton Association:
- New Feature - Basic free-format coaching page added to the main menu.
Enhancements for Southampton and District Badminton Association:
- New Feature - Optional display of the next 5 upcoming fixtures on the home page.
- New Feature - Option to show / hide unwanted website sections. Can now remove Tournaments, Town Teams and History pages on set-up if not required.
- New Feature - Addition of registered players, team nominations and the ability to record appearances per fixture for display on the website and reporting in the back-end.
- New Feature - Ability for team captains to enter results for one or more teams belonging to a club and verify results entered by an opposing team, with relevant front-end display of 'Awaiting Verification' and facility for League Match Secretary to over-write / adjudicate.
- New Feature - Ability to assign penalties to be displayed on the website within club and league pages and affect league table rankings.
- Enhancement - Addition of sort order to divisions to allow for non-alphabetical display. e.g. Premier, Division 1, Division 2a, Division 2b, Division 3 and Fours.
- Enhancement - Creation of a "Win (Points = Match Score + Bonus)" league scoring mechanism to allow for using the match score for points, but giving a bonus of 2 points to the winner.
- Enhancement - Alteration to allow the system to accept 2 character club names. e.g. J9.
Original specification for Blackpool & District Badminton Association:
- Announcement - Replication and enhancement of functionality of their existing website.
For more details of the full specification, take a look at the Features page.